Many people aspire to take up Public Speaking as their profession. Although various institutions including Toastmasters, prepare people for public speaking but there exists very few institutions who prepare people for Professional Public Speaking. This article would help those people to take up there first steps towards making a successful career in public speaking.
For any and every subject, one should be clear about “What”, “Why” and “How”. Let me explain it in details with reference of professional public speaking,
What: Primary topics of YOUR speech which can help the audience and lead to transformation in their life
Why: Why anyone should hear you. Your personal story to motivate people. Your reason for delivering this
How: Finding an audience, deliver a good talk, marketing yourself, creating a brand
Most people starts with interest in public speak i.e. “ability to deliver a good talk” experienced through short speeches/discussion among friend circle. But to become a professional speaker, one need to find and fulfill other requirements also.
Hence if you are willing to become a paid speaker,
1. Try to find out a topic which you can deliver based on your experience.
2. Try to find out an audience. Usually people starts with free talks which helps in building the experience. School, Colleges and Non-profit organizations are some of those organizations which can give you initial opportunity. Later these free talks set the path for paid talks.
3. In area of professional speaking, there are various categories of motivational speakers. For example, mountaineer, sports person, business tycoon, survivors, authors and many more. Hence try to find the best category where you fall in.
4. A speaker is one who has got some unique experiences in life that he/she wants to share. Hence it is expected that you share the knowledge by writing a book. One can even start with writing a self-published e-book which can later set path for published book.
5. Start writing blogs as it will help you build the right audience for you. Along with it, start creating email lists of people who are interested in your writings.
6. Marketing yourself is itself a broad area to work upon. One can immediately start by having a facebook page, twitter handle and a website with your name. Also once before mentioned things are done, than marketing becomes comparatively easier and lot more effective.
Public Speaking is just a tool. As professional speaker, one should focus upon the content and expected transformation i.e. “What and Why” of public speaking. Once “What and Why” is clear and strong enough, “How” is comparatively easier to deal with. To add to this, once “What and Why” is very strong, even a person with average public speaking skill can start and make a great career in this field.
All the best for your journey of Professional Speaking.
Post Suitable For: professional speaking skills,professional speaking association,professional speaking english,public speaker jobs,how to become a public speaker in schools,professional speakers websites,professional speakers india,becoming a motivational speaker,motivational speaker training,how to become a great motivational speaker,how to become a motivational trainer,motivational speaking,how to become a motivational speaker pdf,how to become a motivational speaker for schools,how to become a motivational speaker for youths,how to become a motivational speaker or life coach,speakers bureau