The Unbeatable, Updated, Comprehensive Guidebook For First-Time Consultants
Getting Started In Consulting
More people than ever are making the jump from corporate offices to home offices, taking control of their futures, being their own bosses, and starting their own consultancies. Consulting is a bigger business than ever and growing every day.
For almost a decade, Alan Weiss\’s Getting Started in Consulting has been an indispensable resource for anyone who wants to strike out on his own and start a new consulting business. It provides a rich source of expert advice and practical guidance, and it shows you how you can combine low overhead and a high degree of organization to add up to a six- or even seven-figure income. You\’ll learn everything you need to know about financing your business, marketing your services, writing winning proposals, meeting legal requirements, setting fees, keeping the books, and much more.
This new Third Edition of Getting Started in Consulting is more comprehensive, up to date, and practical than ever. In addition to the nuts-and-bolts basics, you\’ll also get a wealth of new information and resources:
- How to leverage new technologies to lower your business costs and increase your profits
- A budget sampler that shows you how best to maximize an initial start-up investment of $5,000, $10,000, or $20,000
- Free downloadable tools and forms to help you design and start your business quickly and easily
- New interviews with consultants who achieved rapid success, including their personal stories and most effective techniques
- Brand-new references, examples, and appendices
If your dream in life is to get out of the office and out on your own, consulting is a great way to make it happen. Make sure you do it right—and do it profitably—with Getting Started in Consulting, Third Edition.