What is International Women’s Day
International Women’s Day (March 8) is a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women. The day also marks a call to action for accelerating gender parity.
International Women’s Day (IWD) has been observed since the early 1900’s – a time of great expansion and turbulence in the industrialized world that saw booming population growth and the rise of radical ideologies. International Women’s Day is a collective day of global celebration and a call for gender parity. No one government, NGO, charity, corporation, academic institution, women’s network or media hub is solely responsible for International Women’s Day. Many organizations declare an annual IWD theme that supports their specific agenda or cause, and some of these are adopted more widely with relevance than others.
“The story of women’s struggle for equality belongs to no single feminist nor to any one organization but to the collective efforts of all who care about human rights,” says world-renowned feminist, journalist and social and political activist Gloria Steinem. Thus International Women’s Day is all about unity, celebration, reflection, advocacy and action – whatever that looks like globally at a local level. But one thing is for sure, International Women’s Day has been occurring for well over a century – and continue’s to grow from strength to strength.
A woman is an epitome of beauty, wisdom and care. She has climbed the mountains and dived into the ocean; she has matched the steps with every man in the world. International Women’s Day celebrates the power of women – their rights and role in our lives and society. These Women’s Day quotes not only honor the power of a woman but also highlight their suffrage, pain and anguishes that they have successfully battled over the years.
Best 15 Women’s Day Motivational Quotes
- A woman performs all the duties of a man but a man cannot do all that a woman can do.
- A woman, she is born with the power to save and love, her existence is based on the truthfulness in her eyes.
- A woman in any form shall be celebrated and honored, be it, a sister or a wife or a mother or any other form.
- Women are the mammoth reservoir of power and talent which has yet not been tapped.
- If you want to get a plan, go to a man but if you want it to be done, go to a woman.
- Empower woman, empower the human community. The base on which the world stands is a women.
- A strong woman is the one who can dare to raise her voice for the cause she believes in, and this strength lives in a corner in every women’s heart, it just needs to be searched.
- A woman is one who walks on her own footsteps rather than following the direction shown by the crowd.
- There is only one thing in the Universe which a woman still needs to learn and that one thing is that, ‘she has the power to turn the direction of the wind on her own’.
- The best way to change the society and the underlying issues is to channelize the power of woman in every walk of life.
- Had the woman community had not been there, money would have been meaningless.
- A man’s manhood is reflected in the way, he treats all the women in his life!
- Women are the largest untapped reservoir of talent in the world.
- Extremists have shown what frighten them most: a girl with a book.
- If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.
Best Women’s Day Motivational Videos