- Children need a minimum of eight touches during a day to feel connected to a parent: If they’re going through a particularly challenging time, it’s a minimum of 12 a day. This doesn’t have to be a big deal; it could be the straightening of a collar, a pat on the shoulder or a simple hug.
- Each day, children need one meaningful eye-to-eye conversation with a parent: It is especially important for babies to have that eye contact, but children of all ages need us to slow down and look them in the eyes.
- There are nine minutes during the day that have the greatest impact on a child:
- the first three minutes right after they wake up
- the three minutes after they come home from school
- the last three minutes of the day before they go to bed
We need to make those moments special and help our children feel loved.
These are simple, right? Nothing really earth-shattering here. But try it:
- Whenever u feel like scolding or beating your child, take a deep breath, or count 1-10 and then act.
- Let’s ask them to study their favorite subject on their own.
- Remember what our kids are learning in 5th std is taught to 7th std abroad.
- Lets keep our kids out of unwanted competition.
- 80% of what kids are learning ,won’t be useful to them in future.
- Our kids can really afford to do whatever they want to do in future.
- Higher degrees don’t guaranty success and happiness.
- Not all the highly educated people do well professionally.
- And not all those who do well professionally are the happiest ones.
- Kids are always in a party mood.. don’t spoil it.
Let us know your thoughts on this.