Etymology of Entrepreneur suggest that this word has roots in Sanskrit Word “Antha Prarena” which means “Inner-Motivation“. Although different people have different opinion on this statement. But one thing that everyone would agree that meaning of Entrepreneur is truly as person who works out of “Inner Motivation”. It is certainly not just Business.
- Etymology: “Entrepreneur” is a loanword from French: (Source)
- “Entreprende” (a verb in French) means “to undertake“
- In Sanskrit, “Antha Prerna” (which sounds close to entrepreneur) means “Self motivated“
- From an etymological point-of-view, the word entrepreneur is based on the Sanskrit word “Antha Prerna,” which in translation means “self-motivated.” Self-motivation is the hallmark of an entrepreneur. (Source: Huffingpost)
- The word ‘entrepreneur’ is derived from Antarprerana which means self-motivation.(Source: Answers)
- The word ‘Antara Prerana’ (AntarPrerna) from Sanskrit language has become “Entreprenuer” in English.(Source)
- #ENTREPRENEUR comes from the #Sanskrit term ANTARA PRERANA meaning “Inner Calling.” (Source)